The kids have always wanted a dog. Apparently having a cat wasn't enough. They needed something else to torture. :) So I got thinking about it one day, and became obsessive at looking at the classifieds on ksl.com for dogs. I found a few that tugged at my heart strings after reading about them. There were a few that I even called on. Our 3 breeds we were looking for were: Golden Retriever, Australian Shepherd, or a Sheltie. Shelties don't come around too often on the listings. Golden Retrievers were usually puppies. I was totally against getting a puppy. I knew I'd be the one stuck potty training it and most likely deal with chewing on objects, accidents, and yappying at night. Brad was dead set on not getting any other animal. Our cat, Frank was enough. But I kept looking anyway just in case I found something to change his mind.
Then I found a new listing that was only listed for 10 minutes. They were in West Valley. A FREE 3 yr old sheltie that was AKC registered, good with kids, cats, and potty trained. What were the chances? After talking to the owner, we had a family meeting and Brad agreed to let us go and see him. If I felt good about it after meeting him, then we'd take him home. The 3 older kids and I drove to no-man's land. (Anything outside of Ut. County for me is pretty much that.) We drove into the trailer park. These owners already had a couple dogs and a cat already besides this Sheltie. We spent a good hour there asking questions and getting to know this furry friend.
They called him Boozer. We changed his name to Indie when we got home. He's been a great family dog. The kids love him. He is Megan's shadow most of the time. But has gotten to like the other kids just as much. He's a great and mellow new addition to our crazy family.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Our New Family Member
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
so great - he looks perfect
The sad thing is he got SHAVED! It was just a sacrifice we had to make for him ;)
At first i was embarrassed to go on a walk with him. I missed the mane the most! NOw he is doing better!
MOm,
MORE POSTS
Post a Comment