Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chicago!!! Part II of Part III

Oh you thought that was our whole day in the city eh? Oh no!! There was about 4 hours left in the day! After Buckingham Fountain I think my body was beginning to shut down.
I think it was going into some kind of shock from walking more than just up and down the stairs at home!
We began our walk towards the lake and then up the street. We reached Millennium Park. It was packed with people having picnics, school kids playing frisbee, and lots of people enjoying the day. It was surprising to see all this greenery and flowers everywhere in the midst of downtown. The famous Bean.

We went around the corner and just found a nice patch of grass to rest on.
With so many school field trips in the area, we found this bus with Ammon's name on it. I had to get a photo! It was about time to get going again. I'm the tired one, but guess who it was that dozed off under the trees?? Brad!
Our view under the trees. Ginormous buildings shooting up into the blue sky!

I didn't want to get up since the view all around us was just so amazing. But in order for us to see more of the city, I had no other choice.
On the stairwell to go on the Riverwalk that lead us to the Navy Pier.

After walking along the Navy Pier and smelling the delicious food, seeing chartered cruise ships, and seeing a water taxi, I asked Brad if he'd want to take one of those back to the train station. Bless his heart, he thought it was a good idea to give me a rest and be able to take a relaxing boat ride. Hallelujah!
This is my face when Brad said he thought we only walked about 3 miles for the whole day.
I begged to differ!
My expression knowing my day of walking was almost done!
Beautiful views along the Chicago River

Once we arrived at the train station, we were able to relax a bit. I got my 2nd wind and we decided to go to Gurnee Mills where I used to work before moving out to Utah. We got a few Cubs shirts for the kids (way cheaper than buying it downtown) and ate dinner at Baker's Square. I used to eat there often growing up.

0 comments: