Monday, January 7, 2008

Super Saturday

Last Saturday wasn't a typical one for our family. We got very very productive!! While Brad was working out, I thought I'd get the ball rolling on something he planned on doing for the kids. You see, the girls have their beds in different rooms. They are just bunkbeds separated. Well a few days ago, they wanted to share a room. ALL THREE KIDS!! Miracles actually happen! So in order to make this happen, I got a wood slat that was 8 ft. long that we bought for this purpose back in September. ( Took 4 months?!?) Too scared to use the power saw, I cut wood with Morgan with a little saw we had downstairs. I felt like a lumber jack. It was quite the workout. Well the slats needed to be 39 1/2 inches long, to go across each of the beds. So I ran over to Home Depot and had to buy 5 more looong pieces of wood again. When I got home, I decided I wasn't about to sit there all day and cut wood by hand. The kids and I would never be finished before Brad got home. So I ended up using the power saw and still have all 10 fingers. Now their beds will be able to take on more weight for partying. Well by this time, beds are all over the place, sheets are on the floor, books, toys and surprises were found under the bed by the time Brad got home. After he took a little rest from the workout, he put those bunkbeds together. While the girls were excited to make their beds and decorate, Brad sat back on Braden's car bed and fell asleep.

So then you ask, "What are they going to do with the extra room?" The kids still needed a place to put all their stuff in, so they made it into a playroom/reading room. It is now day 2 and the excitement is up and arguments are down. Why didn't we think of this sooner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where's the picture of Brad sleeping in Braden's car bed?! That would've been funny! I'm just glad you didn't have any accidents with the saw! Whew!

A Merrill Family said...

You are so handy Char!!! I can't believe you got up the courage to use that saw. I probably would still be using the hand saw and blistered and sore. :)