Monday, January 21, 2008

Hold to the Rod


I teach the 14 and 15 year olds in Sunday School and we were learning about Lehi and the Tree of Life and all the things in the story symbolizes. I have to admit, it's hard to jumpstart their spiritual energy early in the morning, let alone that age group. So as I was thinking what I could do to not only uplift their sugar level but spiritual level also, I decided to make chocolate dipped pretzel "rods" to go along with my lesson on what the rod of iron symbolizes in the Book of Mormon. The girls helped me dip them in chocolate and white chocolate. Mmmmm!! We were having so much fun that I got the bag 3 lb. bag of regular pretzels and dipped some more. It was a good object lesson for the class members and I think they were able to grasp what was taught on Sunday too. Thanks for helping me girls!
Morgan adding sprinkles to her chocolate concoction



Megan as the chocolate connoisseur


Our abundance of a sweet & salty snack

2 comments:

zippy said...

Yum-bo! What a fun activity to do with your girls and what a creative object lesson! You are so-o creative--your kids and the youth you teach are lucky to have you!!

Brooke said...

Char, what a great idea!! Brek & I teach the 13-14 year old Sunday School class, so if you have any more brilliant ideas...send them our way :)