Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 25 Update

A few of you have been wondering how things are going. This Thursday will be 4 weeks from the surgery in Houston. Today, we had another ultrasound with the specialist and she said things look EXCELLENT. We could not have been happier hearing this news. Right now, both babies' heads are down. In fact, Ethan's head, who was the donor, is lower than his brother. If I was to go into labor now, he'd be the first one to meet us. This was a bit of surprise since Ammon was always head down and first in line. Both bodies are facing each other with their legs bunched up right in the middle of my belly. That may be why Brad nor the kids have really been able to feel them move. This past week, I've noticed that Ethan has been the one more active. Ammon's been the quiet one and has given me a scare more than once with no movement. Before, he had too much room to move around in and was super active. Now, he's the mild one. Although, during the ultrasound you could see Ammon kicking Ethan's legs.
So far it looks like they now weigh 1 lb 10 oz., 1 lb. 11 oz. We'll get a better idea next week when they do another scan. Ideally, I need to hold out about 10 more weeks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
As for how I am looking and feeling these days, let's just say I'm huge. My old maternity pants I wore during the other pregnancies no longer fit. Brad had to get me a pair of XL Maternity pants yesterday. (Thanks mom and dad for the $) There is room to grow in those, but it won't be too much longer. Sunday I got ready for church and had two dresses to choose from, I tried on the first one which was a denim dress. I was bursting at each button down the front! So I try on the next dress. A black dress with white polka dots and a red sash. This was a medium maternity number. I Could not zip up the back since my chest apparently has expanded as well. So I tried on my third dress, a pink dress that barely fit. That will be the last time I get to wear that cute dress too! Clothes to wear during the week, I have migrated to Brad's wardrobe. His t-shirts from his "pre-running" days have been my wardrobe around the house.
I've been feeling great lately. I get some energy in the morning to do some little things around the house. But then a few hours later, I just have to lie down for a bit. Getting up from the couch or out of bed is not an easy task these days. But I'm grateful I have able arms to push myself up. Seeing my belly this big though means that the babies are alive and growing. So I'm not complaining. It's amazing to see my body adapt to changes and nurture these little warriors.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so glad the boys are doing so well and that everything is staying stable.

Kat said...

Wow! What great news. I have been wondering how things have been going, so I am very glad things are progressing normally. I would love to see you "Big". For some reason I can't picture it.

Nick and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad things are going so well for you guys :) You and your family are always in our prayers. Love you guys!

crush said...

YEA!! Great news! So happy for you guys! And you are a totally cute pregnant woman! I saw for myself!

Charmaine said...

Oh Cami, you're too kind!

Amz said...

Wow! This is so great! You ARE one cute pregnant lady. You may feel huge, but you look tiny!