Today as I was looking at my emails, someone was having a Freecyle Yard Sale. If you haven't taken advantage of these, it's someone that offers their unwanted goods like, clothes, moving boxes, appliances, toys, etc. to people through email. If you're interested in it, you just email them back and hope you're the first to respond. So someone in Lehi was getting rid of baby clothes and so I drove on over there to see if there was anything I could take advantage of. I walked away with some baby blankets, several outfits for the babies (mostly for when they're 6 mos. or older), and a couple of newborn sleepers. They were still in pretty good shape so I was glad I got these for free!!
A family in our ward had twins almost 4 months ago. They needed to upgrade to larger car seats since their twin boy was quickly outgrowing the ones they had. So our friends called us up and asked us if we wanted to buy the car seats, and the double stroller that goes with it. Although we already bought 2 matching car seats for a pretty good price, I wasn't in love with them. They were black and I was concerned it would be hot during the summertime. So we returned the black car seats, and jumped at the chance to take the car seats and stroller off their hands for a steal of a deal! 
On that note, we are slowly preparing for these little guys' arrival. My lifesaver, Kat, was gracious enough to let us borrow pretty much all her baby stuff. She supplied us with a crib, a swing, 2 bouncers, a high chair and a whole lotta other baby items. What a blessing she is to our family!! Thank you so much Kat!!!
We were also lucky to have another friend who had an extra crib, a swing, changing table and a glider w/ottoman she wasn't using. Thanks Carlene! So I think we're all set with baby furniture!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Recycled Treasures
Posted by C Smoot at 10:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow, Chardie! You guys have been so blessed! I am so glad you are getting the things you need without paying a fortune.
Chard! I'm so glad you guys got some stuff. I was just talking to Brett a few weeks ago-- wishing that we still had our stuff to loan out to you. All our baby stuff, and I mean all, is with a co-worker of Brett's. They really needed it too. Anyway, I'm glad you're finding some treasures for these little guys. Can't wait to see them!
You know I love you (ALL) and will do anything for you. I hope that you can use what is there and if you need anything else, let me know!!!
Char, Kat has been a bless for everyone who is close to her. I am still using her rocking chair!
Char, I am glad you are finding everything what you need.
WE miss you here at work...
Jessy
You always have such great ways of getting things for free, what is that free yardsale stuff?? I want in on that one.
Post a Comment