Brad's marathon in Salt Lake did not go as well as planned. He was feeling a little under the weather already, and played softball a couple of times the week of his marathon. So with overexerting himself while trying to get a fly ball, to fighting off a cold, his time wasn't ideal. But he FINISHED!! Brad left for the race while most of the house was still sleeping. We still had our nieces for a couple more days, so they got to come and cheer Brad on. We stopped at the McDonald's to start our morning with a nutrious fruit parfait and headed to the Gateway Finish Line. There were so many people there already. My goal was to be there by 9:00. After about 3 blocks of walking and fighting the huge amounts of people and strollers, we found a good spot to wait for Brad. Not knowing how Brad's run was going, I look at the finish line with the monstrous Time Clock and I know his goal was to come in around 3 hrs. and 15 min. That came and went, and a little more than 4 hours later, I have a millisecond to catch him run past us to snap a shot.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Salt Lake Marathon
Here's Braden ready to make some noise!!
Posted by C Smoot at 9:59 AM
Labels: Brad, Salt Lake Marathon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Way to go Brad! I'm a wuss and can't even run a mile, lol!
Post a Comment