Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Fun

It's been a pretty hectic day for the first day of April. All morning there was drillling and pounding as we were trying to get warranty stuff fulfilled before the 1 year mark expired. I wanted to do something fun. So I did a little searching and found this idea to be the best!


Cupcakes were really meatloaf and colored mashed potatoes for the frosting. And the mound of mashed potatoes and gravy was really a scoop of ice cream and caramel topping. The kids were surprised to say the least. But then the girl's reasoning skills kicked in and they thought, "Mom wouldn't let us have cupcakes for dinner!" 2 dozen cupcakes dwindled down to only 6 cupcakes by the end of the night.
Here's a snapshot of each kid. Braden's excited but is not a fan of mashed potatoes. Morgan was upset because she said the other two kids weren't being very nice. Megan excited to get a cupcake. Little did she know her pallet would be fooled!


When I got home from work there was a cup of juice with a little note. It said, This juice is for you. I thought, "Aww, they left me some juice to eat with my leftovers." I had a sip, and it was just colored water!! I've been had!

5 comments:

zippy said...

So-o cute!

Thanks letting me know the pix were up and running. : ) I've used picasa on occasion, and each time I do I am reminded that it can be tricky and then I that's why I generally don't like to use it! I now much prefer to use slide.com

Amz said...

You are such a fun mom! This is a cute idea!

Staci said...

that's hilarious. :) I loved looking up your blog tonight! Fun stuff! Tell Brad to be careful on that bike of his!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!! Unless you were the one eating it of course .

*kAyLiE*

Anonymous said...

That is funny about the "juice"!I should have done that to my mom and dad!



-Brooklyn