Tonight, after putting the babies to bed, I ventured out into the dark night alone and headed over to the grocery store. I had my coupon book in hand and was excited to see the deals they had this week. It was double coupon day and I surely wanted to take advantage of this. I have to admit that in the recent months, I've been clipping coupons I thought I was going use. The next time I opened my coupon binder, it was time to pull out those same coupons. I was in a coupon saving slump! After researching the deals, I set aside the coupons I would use and I was on my way, up and down the aisles. Some killer deals I got were Airwick refills, Big bonus bottle of Listerine, Frosted Mini Wheats, Nutri Grain Bars, big container of Lysol wipes and Chewy Granola Bars. After an hour and a half, I decided I was done. (I'm really slow when I'm by myself.) I waited patiently in line at the check out and the dollar amounts kept climbing and climbing to over $85.00!! I gave the checker my Fresh Values Card and coupons which automatically doubled them. My subtotal came out to $30.08. The total number of items purchased, 30!!! I couldn't believe that all this stuff was about $1.00 each. Not only that, but I also received 10 cents off in fuel rewards!
I can't wait for the next sale so I can get that "couponing high" again!

2 comments:
Ya know, I was going to ask you how much you spend on groceries! Now I see it's only $30 and freaking 8 cents! You ARE supermom!
you go girl!
Post a Comment