Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On to Big Boy Food

I started feeding the boys baby cereal about 2 weeks ago. It's been quite interesting to see their faces with new flavors on their first spoonful. I started off with rice cereal, then they moved on to oatmeal. Today they had butternut squash mixed with their oatmeal.
I've also prepared some homemade sweet potatoes for them and will try that as well. It's taken a while for each of them to be patient as I feed one baby a spoonful and then the other. Just when I think they are done eating, I give them a bottle and most of the time they consume that no problem! I guess they take after me when it comes to food. No surprise there!

My mom helping me feed Ammon.

Ethan not too sure what he was supposed to do with new texture in his mouth. Oh spit it out I suppose!

We're going through a lot of bibs and paper towels. While waiting for their next bite, they like to chew on their fingers. Both boys! It's actually quite funny. Looks like things are just going to get more interesting.

4 comments:

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

cute kids char.

Kat said...

Did you ever find the attachment for the high chair?

I am glad I am out of that stage, and I only had one to feed!

Kirsti said...

My kiddos got frustrated at first having to wait for their bite but now they're totally used to it. Hopefully yours will be the same way! Mine are just now starting to feed themselves finger foods. Looks like I'll be revisiting messy food time!

Jill said...

The next big step - - I can't believe how big they are!!