Sunday, December 14, 2008

Employee of the Year

On Tuesday, Brad's Christmas company party was at Thanksgiving Point. Little did he know that he was chosen as the Employee of the Year. The week of Thanksgiving, the VP of Operations, Jeremy, called me to let me in on this secret. He told me that Brad was chosen and that they wanted to get a gift for him and wondered if I had any ideas. Since I had no idea what to even get Brad for Christmas, I was stumped on a gift for work. So Thanksgiving weekend, I discreetly asked Brad what he would want for "Christmas." He didn't really have anything that he wanted. I got a wish list from him on amazon.com and it was an expensive watch or an $18 belt. Hmmm...quite the choices to choose from. Thinking back from the past year, I remembered Brad wanting a grill. For years we've only had this camping grill that would cook up tasty meals. It's a tiny thing that only a camper would be jealous of. But to use it at home?!? Well...I guess it serves its purpose.
So on Tuesday night, Brad took Megs as his date. I wanted to tell Brad to bring the van so there would be a way to bring home the grill. But that might give something away. A few hours later, he arrived with Jeremy bringing the grill to its new home.
Brad was pleasantly surprised to be chosen, and even MORE surprised I kept a secret for so long without spilling the beans. If you know me well, I can't keep secrets very well. :-)
Let me tell ya, it was killing me. I wanted to make sure that Brad would like a new grill without letting him know he was getting one. Can you imagine how hard that would be?!?


Sunday night Brad weathered the cold so he could try out the new grill. Tasty t-bone steaks and marinated chicken. Mmmm!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I could hardly wait to use the grill myself for some terrific steak. Make sure it's ready when we come this Christmas.

Congratulations!!

Mom & Dad

Staci said...

awesome! Way to go Brad!

The Mathews Family said...

Congrats Brad! I am so glad you work somewhere so much better than MIT now! Now you're genius can really be appreciated!

Amz said...

Congrats again, to Brad! What a fun surprise Chardie!