Friday, February 29, 2008

Back to Work

This week I started my new job with Provo City. It's something I have to get used to. Learning new names, new databases, juggling kids schedules with a new work schedule all comes with the territory. It seems like the kids have adjusted well with my new "pick up" system at school, meeting dad at the Park N' Ride to switch cars (and the small passengers in it). Brad has been a trooper, changing his routine by picking up Megan after school from rehersals. But I think the change has hit Morgan. I came home and checked on the kids. Morgan was sitting up crying in the dark. I asked, "What's wrong?" She said, "I couldn't sleep. I missed you." That made me really sad. So I told her she could go downstairs with me for a little bit. As I went to go change into my pj's, there was a note on the door that Morgan left for me.



"I can't go to sleep cause I need you. I am crying."
on her shirt she wrote,
"I miss my mom so much."


She will get used to it, but it still tugs your heartstrings.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, that is sweet! It's nice to know that you are missed. I am afraid if I wasn't around my kids would throw a party!

Anonymous said...

Poor Morgy! So sweet and sad at the same time! How is she doing now?

Nick and Tiffany said...

That does pull at your heart strings. Doesn't it make you feel so great to know your kids love you so much!?!

The Mathews Family said...

So sweet! This brought tears to my eyes. Cute little Morgan! If you were my mom, I would miss you too!