This year I've been lucky enough to help the kids decide on what they are going to be for Halloween. Last year we bought all three costumes and decided this year we'd go homemade or cheap. So we went to the D.I. and found Morgan a lion stripe costume for $3.00. I went to Wal-mart to get fringe and also made a tail with black remnant that I also got from Wal-mart for $2.50. Later in the week we stopped by Partyland and I got Morgan a Tiger nose. Now all I need to find is a Tiger headband or something to put on her head and we'll be set. Any ideas you have I would love to hear.
Megan is going to be a baby and a vampire. At school we got her an oversized pacifier from Partyland and her size jammies with the feet. Then at Brad's work party and Halloween party at church she will be a vampire. I used the left over material from Morgan's tail that black and will just add a string tie at the top, black pants, and a white ruffly shirt. We'll gel her hair back and draw a V-shaped hairline, pop her vampire teeth in and she's ready to go.
For Braden we found a turtle costume. It's really Franklin the Turtle, but since Braden doesn't like to wear the hat, he can pass as a Mutant Ninja Turtle. Just don't tell him . We got a deal on the set from D.I. too.
Brad is going to be a hippy and with his shaved head, a black afro wig will work out perfect. He got a tatooed pair of sleeves and I'll hunt for some 60's looking outfit at yet again D.I.
As for me, I think I'm going to dye my hair red and tuck some hanger wires in my head and go as Pippy Longstocking. I'll have to experiment and see if I can pull it off. For sure you shall have a visual of us in our costumes this year!!!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
What to be for Halloween?
Posted by C Smoot at 11:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment