The boys have 2 weeks until they are officially on the Nursery list at church. But Brad and I took them to give them a little taste of what's to come. Our nursery is setup with a table and the first thing the kids get to do is have a snack. I think since I just fed the babies their lunch during Sacrament, the boys were not enthusiastic about eating in big kid chairs and eating at the table. I was just thinking, I need to structure their snack time better." At home we have it "picnic style" where I put out a blanket and they "graze." Take a snack and go off and play, come back for a little more and run off and play.
I also need to work on their manners! Usually their way of telling me they are finished eating is by throwing their remaining food on the floor. In Nursery, it was flying graham crackers and fish crackers. I was so embarrassed. And the little napkins on the table that held those crackers? Pulled right off the table with those same snacks falling onto the floor! Ugh! After snack time, the kids got to play and it was smooth sailing until the last 10 minutes of church. I snuck into Relief Society for about 30 minutes since it's been so long since I've been able to go. Ethan was sitting on a friend's lap and he had a little breakdown but was quietly sitting. Ammon was just playing nicely with the new and exciting toys. Afternoon nap time falls right during the 2nd and 3rd hour.
Looks like I've got some work ahead of me for the week. We'll see if I can teach them to be better next week!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Nursery Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment