Our darling Megan turned 11 years old this week. Her request every year. Breakfast in bed to start her day, with some chocolate porridge.
We went for a low key celebration this year and she got to decide if she wanted the whole family to go out for dinner or just a parent. She decided she wanted to take me along and chose Winger's to celebrate her big day. (I think she wanted to save her date with dad for when they go to Tucano's and eat all they can handle) It was karaoke night and I tried to get her to sing. But it was a no go.For her birthday she got to invite 4 friends from school. It's tomorrow and we are sure to have fun. Megan's cake request was a BYU cake. After getting some ideas online, this is what we came up with.
Megan even helped with her cake. It took a few hours but at least it didn't take 6 hours like Braden's did. We had to get creative with what we used for the circles, oval, and the Y. We used baby bottle caps, large straws from smoothies in St. George, and a hand cut stencil. For the oval we used a bigger oval shaped ceramic baking dish, and cut it accordingly. Megan is sure proud of her lovely trademark with the R emblazoned on it. I think it turned out well for the 2nd fondant cake I've made. I've still got ways to go to make it look picture perfect. Let's hope it tastes as good as it looks.We love this girl so much and adore her personality and loving attitude towards her other siblings. She's our gem!

4 comments:
awesome! impressive cake! happy birthday megan! :)
Happy happy birthday Megs dear!!! Seriously great job on the cake.
Oh thank you!
are you doing fondant too? impressive! i love it. oh my gosh megan is blogging now. holy cow time flies
Post a Comment