The year is already hustling and bustling with the kids back to school, Brad's 1/2 marathon in St. George this weekend and the babies growing so well. Their doctor appointment was on Monday. Here are their stats for 2 months.
Ammon- length 21 3/4 inches
weight 11 lbs 3 oz.
head cir. 38 cm.
Ethan- length 22 inches
weight 11 lbs 4 oz.
head cir. 37.5 cm.
The doctor was very happy with their weight. At 3 weeks, they were in the 5th percentile, and at 2 months, they jumped to the 25th percentile. Must have been all the holiday goodies that I was always snacking on last month. The poor little guys had 5, count 'em 5!! shots on Monday along with an oral immunization. They were fine, up until it was bedtime around 8:30. Screams from both of them, like we've never heard before. It broke my heart to hear their painful cries. After some silent prayers and medicine, they fell asleep 3 hours later, whimpering. All day Tuesday, they slept to recover from their traumatic Monday.
The early mornings (or late nights) that I wake up to feed the boys is my quiet time to thank Heavenly Father for these special little miracles that have graced our home. I'm not sure why they chose me to be their mother. I feel humbled and inadequate to raise these special boys. Although our home is sometimes unorganized, sleep is no longer part of my life, and quiet time is few and far between, I feel very blessed that our prayers were answered.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Gratitude
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is so very sweet. It is amazing how close we come to our Heavenly Father in these moments.
Miracles happen for a reason! And I think this twins coudln't choose a better mom than you. !
beautiful post..
reading ur experiences gets me all the more excited to meet my son
It was so fun to see you guys this past weekend and I was so happy to get to meet those two handsome little guys. You have such a beautiful family and you are such a good person, Char. I feel blessed to have you as a friend :)
Post a Comment