Friday was our 10 year anniversary. We couldn't go on a trip to celebrate, in fact both of us had to work. But it still turned out to be a fun weekend. Friday morning, Brad called and said I had to be home between 11:00-1:00. I thought, ok UPS is probably going to deliver something. I picked up the kids early from school. The doorbell rang after lunch and a massage therapist was at the door. Brad had arranged for me to have an hour massage in the comforts of home. Even though the kids were home, they were quiet for most of the time and Braden even went upstairs to play video games for a while. Since I had never had a massage this was a HUGE surprise. When Brad got home, he even had more to give me. He stopped by Bath and Body Works and got this collection of bubble bath and oils so that I can escape into serenity. It was fantastic!!
On Saturday afternoon, my nieces came over to watch the kids and we went on a cruise on the motorcycle to lunch at Tucano's. A gift card was put to good use there and we left so stuffed. We got to splurge on drinks and separate desserts too!!
It was so hard to breath!! After almost 1 1/2 hours there, we went to Lindon to look at this teeny tiny smart car. It's designed by Mercedes Benz and the U.S. is about the 31st country to make it available. Looking at something so small, we were surprised to hear how well it did on crash tests. With the cost of gas prices rising, we were looking for alternatives. The price was very enticing, but the 18 month wait on it's growing popularity made us take a step back to help us decide on what we were going to do. This cabriolet is a little over $13,000. Not too bad huh? You can fit 2 of these things in one parking stall. Yeah, pretty tiny but this 2 seater is commuting gem.
It was a great weekend and a much needed break for the both of us. I was pretty spoiled this anniversary. Love you Brad!!!
Monday, May 19, 2008
10 Years!!
Posted by C Smoot at 1:54 PM
Labels: anniversary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow char! Congrats on the 10 years. :) I'm glad you had a great day. Way to go Brad!
Congrats on the 10 years!!! That's awesome! And sounds like you've got quite a guy!
Chard, you look so cute in that car! We've seen those things around and I thought it looked like a death trap! But, if they've done well on crash tests, that is very surprising and good!
Congrats on your 10 years! What a thoughtful guy you have there! Not only a massage, but one that comes to YOUR door! WOW!
Post a Comment